Where fashion meets Creativity

Saturday 16 August 2014

THE NITTY GRITTY OF FASHION BLOGGING

YOU ARE CONSIDERED SUPERFICIAL AND SILLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN FASHION. BUT I THINK YOU CAN BE SUBSTANTIAL AND STILL BE INTERESTED IN FRIVOLITY *Sofia Coppola*

We live in a world where stereotyping women is more common among women ourselves, It's just human nature to judge others before understanding them but am sick and tired of it, so I wrote this piece especially for the judgy wedgy ladies who think Fashion blogging is all about showing off that I have better clothes or wear the most expensive clothes, which is not true because it takes creativity, styling and choosing the right clothes to come up with a good outfit.
Somehow some people tend to think that dressing up in fashionable clothes involves spending a lot of money, which is not entirely true cause fashion has got nothing to do with the price tag; it's got everything to do with having a sense of style and being a smart shopper.

There is always a lot of thoughts and theories that people assume I live up to as a fashion blogger or someone who loves to dress up. There never seems to be any breathing space between who I am and what people associate me with, Some friends whom I had become close to have confessed to me that before they got to know me, they thought I was this narcissist bitchy selfish woman who is full of herself and likes to shop too much and cares so much about clothes, hair, makeup and all things glamorous, *sigh* Imagine if my life were like that, it would be exhausting.
This outfit from V&D Excluding the shoes cost me 26 euros plus the necklace from Primark, which cost 2 euros. The only expensive item is shoes.
They assume that my face is always glammed in makeup or that I only wear high-end fashion brands and am too picky.  Is it wrong to look sophisticated, clean up, wear makeup, or just like beautiful things? Does that make me less human? or a show-off? Am not stupid nor superficial, neither am I a preppy bitch or by all means rich. I care about the essential things in life like family, friends, Education, and my future. I see fashion as a way of expressing myself without having to speak. It is my passion and hobby, and It brings me joy when I put an outfit together just as a musician loves a good melody and just like an artist who loves to paint.



I adore clothes as much as a gamer loves their video games. I enjoy putting an outfit together as much as a photographer enjoys putting up together a scene for their photoshoot. Just like any other field and profession  fashion has a history  and millions of people today have jobs because of it, and it will never go off the market,
Its a part of you and me but it will never define who I am cause am more than clothes and am not ashamed to dress up, I don’t do it to compete with other women, I do it for myself because I love it and appreciate it so much.

Xoxo Fran
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

❤️ Shameless