Where fashion meets Creativity

Wednesday 3 September 2014

AFRICA FASHION WEEK AMSTERDAM GRAND OPENING WITH A BANG

Black pearl
I have been following the Africa Fashion Week London ever since it started, my dream was  to fly to London one day and experience the beautiful moment but in 2013 God answered my prayers with the news that the Africa fashion show was also launching in Amsterdam, I was so exicited and looked forward to it but my excitement was short lived because the show was cancelled and moved to 2014. So this year the Africa fashion week Amsterdam started off on the 29th-31 of august 2014,  however I missed the first day which was the public expo of African Couture and art.

Exective director and co founder Diana Tambe and production manager Aydin Acik

I attended the second and third day shows, the second day was less busy but all the seats where fully occupied in the show room and on the third day it was quiet busy, a lot of people showed up dressed to impress and mostly where donning their african prints. The atmosphere was wonderful, the organising team was very helpful and kind I loved every part of it. My highlight of the evening was meeting the executive directore Miss Diana Tembe and the Nigerian actor Mr Ramsey Nouah,who were introduced to me by one of the sponsors Mr Philip van den beet..





from left Diana Tembe,Ramsey Nouah,Me and Philip van den Beemt

third day of the fashion show with my Zambian friend @Stylewithdaisy and Mr Ramsey Nouah
back stage in the vip room



the public hall way
Despite having network breaks after every designer show that were longer than 20 minutes which was a killer disadvantage for most of us ladies who where wearing 5inch high heels because their wasn’t any where to sit when we were tired  apart from the high tables that we leaned on that where in the vip room and the public hall way!, I had a great time talking and networking with people there, it was an advantage to showcase your business to other people and exchange business ideas and connections in the European African fashion industry.
the vip room 
For now I will let the photos do the talking and explain here and their about the designers if I know something about them.

 NUBIAN COLLECTION
designer Amanda Liza Maandag
Her collection  which is originally from Mozambique is inspired by African artisan lifestyle and culture, her combination of fashion and traditional african prints is spectacular and i loved how colourful her collection looked combined with the tribal makeup on the models it was peculiar.
Nubian Collection

Nubian Collection
 LOVEJADEX DESIGNS ,her clothing was  different from the all african theme print, it was chic and stylish..
LOVEJADEX DESIGNS


lovejadex designs

HABESHA COUTURE

habesha couture
habesha couture

habesha couture
The second day

BLACK PEARL
Black pearl

black pearl designs
THE HOUSE OF ADJEIWAAH
the house of adjeiwaah

the house of adjeiwah

the house of adjeiwaah

the house of adjeiwaah
I didn’t see the rest of the designers that showcased their work at the end, i had to go home early cause it was getting late.I missed PATAU MANGA and FARIDA ’S ARTELIER s show. The rest of the photos below are some of the people that I met.












xoxo fran















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

❤️ Shameless