Where fashion meets Creativity

Monday 6 October 2014

MY RECYCLED OLD DRESS

now a skirt
 Growing up as a kid I didn’t have a lot of clothes, so sometimes I found interesting ways to utilise and refashion my clothes when they became boring which always got me in trouble with my mum cause sometime I would cut up a dress that she bought for me and make it into my desired skirt or simply add up some bling to it *sigh*. So last week my inner silly childishness rekindled and I remembered the old days when I used to recycle my clothes, so I started going through my closet to check for some clothes I didn't wear anymore and needed recycling, I came across this dress I  bought on SALAULA 5 years ago in Zambia.  (if you zambian then you know what salaula means)

laugh out loud, my hair and that belt though
Despite the dress being very nice,  as time went by I didn’t want to wear it any more cause it became less appealing but at the same time I didn’t want to give it away cause I still love the detail on the bottom front, that ribbon is the reason I got attracted to buy it, so cutting it into a skirt wasn’t a big deal cause I knew I was still going to have the ribbon in front. I cut the top part and sewed the waist nicely and booooom! the skirt looked as good as new so here are more pictures below.














Am so glad I didn’t give the dress away cause it even looks more nice as a skirt, I hope you got inspired to recycle your clothes and turn them into more wearable day to day clothes.

xoxo fran 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

❤️ Shameless